Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Inspired

Well, I've been inspired by a friend. I've been inspired by this friend many times... even by this very thing... but have never had that extra little bit of something it takes to go for it. The time seems "right" this time around... so, it's my plan to begin. Begin what, you ask? Begin a gratitude journal of sorts... to begin to list all of the things for which I am grateful. In a week. Day. Hour. Moment. To count them. To remember them. To become a more grateful person. Fully reminded of all I have been blessed with in my life. My plan is to come to 1000 things by the end of the year. I hope I can reach it... I know I can if I stick to it.

Perhaps this will inspire me to blog more often. Hope so.

Gratitude for 1000 Things
1. I am grateful for great friends who love me.

2. A loving husband.

3. Supportive family who love me.

4. Friendly co-workers

5. Understanding supervisor and work environment

6. Positive feedback from a group meeting at work

7. A yummy breakfast



3 comments:

  1. Oh, Friend! To see you here, whispering thanks in the midst of your grief, *you* are inspiring me. And I suppose that's the beauty of relationship, pushing each other to live more fully and deeply, to pursue God even in the hard spaces. I love you, dear one, and I'm thrilled to walk this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started reading One Thousand Gifts and my making my own list in the midst of grief too. Will add you to my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much... I will pray for you in your grief. It can be such a lonely time.

    ReplyDelete