Friday, August 19, 2011

A Month.


Well, I really can't believe a month has passed since a very sad and memorable day. Strange how time passes both quickly and slowly, simultaneously. A lot has happened since then... lots of crying. lots of anger. my niece's 2nd birthday. a visit to see family and friends. a summer wedding reception. work. work toward organizing our home. a new place to attend church. my grandmother's 87th birthday. a small summer concert to hear a few of my favorite musicians. And buds forming on our month old (at least since we've had it) rose bush. not just any rose bush... our rose bush. In memory of our loss. In hope for new things to come.


In the meantime I have many things to be thankful for...

23. the space to cry.

24. permission to be angry.

25. Loving friends who offer comfort.

26. the cuteness that is my littlest niece!!

27. more space to cry and mourn.

28. a ride to the airport at 4:30am from my brother!

29. Savings on parking. (at the airport)

30. a safe flight to visit family.

31. A yummy breakfast at a great little restaurant when we landed.

32. Very sweet in-laws.

33. The chance to buy my husband some shoes that fit.

34. The chance to treat him (my husband) to some socks that fit too! His socks barely fit me... I don't know how he gets those over this feet everyday!

35. Seeing family we rarely see!

36. A fun time playing cards.

37. Laughing.

38. A peaceful walk with my honey through a beautiful little town.

39. A paddle boat ride down the Columbia River.

40. The wind in my face.

41. More cards to play!

42. The giggles from little girls having fun.

43. All of the support from friends and family to get ready for our reception.

44. Beautiful Decorations.

45. Yummy cake.

46. Safe arrival of other family members.

47. The chance to catch-up... talk... laugh... over drinks at a local pub.

48. A big wedding celebration with lots of friends and family. (many we hadn't seen in years!)

49. Very generous gifts!!

50. Family and Friends willing to stay and clean up!

51. Smiles from the one-year-old cutie!

52. The doggie-hotel... since I'm allergic. (He has lots of fun there playing with other dogs!)

53. A good book to read.

54. Good conversation with new family members.

55. yummy food.

56. home-made salsa and guacamole!!

57. A safe flight back home.

58. a work situation handled with few bumps.

59. going through boxes!

60. giving away to Goodwill.

61. the purchase of an inexpensive used table.

62. a place to finally put our books!!

63. my husbands love for assembling things!

64. his willingness to do dishes.

65. a supportive group to attend at church.

66. great worship.

67. great speaking.

68. more organizing!!

69. A piece of art on the wall--finally!!!

70. Finding the cutest baskets which will fit perfectly on my new shelf (for organizing!!)

71. Finally finding the bed-spread I'd like to have!!

72. My grandmother.

73. The opportunity to practice patience while waiting in line a VERY long time (45 min.) for some teenagers to finish their photo printing. (I kinda failed that opportunity... but I'm grateful for the lesson)

74. The chance to celebrate my grandma's birthday with my parents and siblings.

75. A quiet restaurant where we were able to visit with one another.

76. Thankful for my mom and dad who treated all of us to dinner and dessert!

77. blessed my grandma feels loved.

78. for a paycheck.

79. a big hug from both my nieces!!

80. The funny things kids say!!

81. The chance to see one of our favorite bands perform.

82. A lovely dinner with my husband beforehand.

83. The sweet songs.

84. So grateful it was not too loud... actually bordered on too quiet at times!! Amazing.

85. The chance to meet one of the singers afterwards.

86. Oh boy, a bathroom at a desperate hour!!! (seriously!)

87. my husband's humor.

88. a safe drive in the rental car.

89. finally getting my car all repaired and fixed up.

90. A free car wash!!

91. A compliment at work.

92. My husband getting home early.

93. A surprise with chocolate ice-cream! (yum)

94. The chance to sleep in.

95. Chatting with my brother.

96. My hard working mom.

97. the growing blooms on our rose bush.

98. anticipation of something new.

99. My husband reading a special book with me.

100. A virtual "hug" from my cousin.

101. My other cousin fixing our laptop.

102. A big hug from mom daddy.

103. A great e-mail conversation with my cousin.

104. A voice-mail from a good friend.

105. A gift in the mail.

106. The means to pay medical bills.

107. The anticipation of having my niece and nephew over for the weekend!! Such fun!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you really have had a busy month! So glad to hear these moments from your days, your offering of thanks in the midst of mourning. God is good even when the days are hard...so proud of you for pushing on in this journey. And can't wait to see your rose in bloom! Love you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete