Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Holy Guacamole!

So, I was leaving my girls group, not at it's usual location...

I got in the car, unsure of where I was... and got on the freeway going east instead of west... oops... have to turn around.

I make it close to my exit near home about 40 min away and am going over a list of things I need to do tonight before bed (e-mails, etc.) I get to my exit and it's closed...

Finally, I get inside my house and need to put away groceries that I bought at 7:30 (it's now 11pm) and need to be in the frig. (including an opened container of guacamole from girls group) As I was taking it out it slipped and I dropped it on the floor upside down. (Splat!) I say dang it!... pick up the container... put the good stuff back inside... clean off the side and the lid... put it in the frig. I start putting other things away... (rice milk, fruit, etc.) I my rush I knock something over in the frig and drop the guacamole out of the frig and onto the floor upside down again. This time it splats on my jeans, shoes and socks! (This time I'm like... freaking crap!) I put away the last few things. Take some things from the table to the counter... and realize I just stepped in the first pile of guacamole that I hadn't cleaned up yet. At this point I start laughing. I take off my shoes, put them in the sink... and go to salvage whatever guacamole is left in the container on the floor. I decide to put it into a smaller plastic tupperware with a reliable lid. I'm spooning it out and spill all over the towel on the counter. (For the love!!!) I walk back over to the table and go to put a baby picture I got tonight on the frig... and realize I was 1/2 inch from stepping in the 2nd pile of guacamole in my socks! I tell myself to STOP MULTITASKING and CLEAN UP THIS FREAKING MESS before I make a bigger one.

At the end of all of that I think there was a tablespoon of guacamole to put away... and a ton of stuff to clean up!

Wow, sometimes it really pays to be clumsy... ur... uh... I mean, It pays in laughs. :D

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I don't even know what to say. :o) And yet, strangely I can relate. Dropping the same thing several times in succession, neglecting to clean up the mess quickly enough to avoid disaster. Yeah. It's pretty much the life of a klutz. I'm glad you started this blog--it sure makes me laugh. And I love getting to "hear" your voice telling stories.

    ReplyDelete